Saturday 3 December 2016

My Advent Calendar ♥ 3rd December

Hello Lovelies,
I'm loving this virtual advent calendar, It's a great excuse to do a simple and quick blog post. And to look back through my posts to see what Christmassy things I can find.
Today I thought I would share a crochet decoration I made four years ago. 
If you have been reading my blog for a while you might recall the story behind this, but here it is again anyway :0)

About ...oooh, six years ago now, my brother and sister in law offered to host Christmas at their house..... "just for one year".
 I crocheted them a decoration for their tree as a thank you. The one year turned into two, then three. Each year I made another decoration. Usually using patterns found online, but one year I made up my own...that's how the first ever Easy Crochet Owl was born. My most popular pattern by miles and miles :0)

The popularity of this pattern really took me by surprise and It's so lovely that people are still making them and letting me know how much they love them. Blogland  (and Instagram) is a wonderful thing isn't it.


As my brother and sister in law are once again hosting Christmas this year I think I should start looking for a decoration to make this year. Any suggestions?
Happy advent lovelies.
Jacquie x

This post is part of the blog link up hosted by Julie HERE

13 comments:

  1. Oh That is so cute.

    crochet a Christmas stocking or an angel

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and such a lovely tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute owl. Fun tradition you are continuing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet owl and I'm not surprised everyone loves them.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love your cute little owls
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really sweet. What a lovely gesture to make decorations for your brother and SIL's tree. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are very cute and what a lovely tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What about some crochet baubles? I do love your owls, I always think of you if I see one anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just made 3 of these from your pattern! Thank you. 1 for me and 1 each for my sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea for an advent calendar! Your owl pattern was the first of your blog posts I saw and I have made quite a few myself- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love their big eyes and long eyelashes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet and effective idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, a sweet design! One I've made many times, into bunnies and even a blue bird. Thanks again for sharing. Maybe a mini stocking, kind of like Sandra (CherryHeart) did a few years back, but smaller. Whatever you make I'm sure they will love it!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.