Monday 19 December 2016

My Advent Calendar ♥ 19th December

Hello lovelies,
gosh, the 19th already. This month is certainly whizzing along.

Today I thought I would simply share a couple of pages from my Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady book.
I love this December page, Holly and Ivy so perfectly captured, and Edith's bird illustrations are so appealing.


A close up of Mr Robin and his two friends.

These two are labelled "Hedge Sparrows", apparently that's another name for the Dunnock ( though I must admit I did not recognise that from the picture)  

I love this simple bird feeder Edith has painted, In fact I might be tempted to construct something similar if I can find some suitable sticks :0)


Only six more sleeps Lovelies. Hope you are not feeling too much pressure.
Jacquie x

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet book. The illustrations are so detailed. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved the illustrations in that book. Enjoy this week leading up to Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that book, the drawings that she did are exquisite!
    I do wonder, the sticks tied together that way are used as a...I am not a farmer so I am not sure, but I think they are used to prop up bean vines to have them climb them...and maybe, the bird feeder was put there after the summer is over? Not sure, just thinking! :-)
    I could not have it here, the squirrels would destroy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that book, and love the pictures in it

    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that book too, given to me by my mother, but have not looked at for ages. Will get it out once again enjoy the exquisite illustrations. Thanks for reminding me of it. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that book too and have not looked at it for a long time. You have reminded me to get it off the shelf as the pictures are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this diary and using it in my still life photos. What a great idea to include it in your Advent Calendar, Jacquie! The photos are beautifully taken and the crochet background is lovely.
    Hope you and your family have a magic Christmas!
    Vesna
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these illustrations too - a familiar friend for many years. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Wishing you a very happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that book and I love the illustrations! Confession- I have never actually read it through though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look out for some hazel on your walks. Happy Christmas! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.