Sunday 11 December 2016

My Advent Calendar ♥ 11th December

Hello Lovelies, 
On Saturday,  a very grey day, we went to visit Harwick Hall. This is usually the closed season for such National Trust places, but happily these days they have special Christmas openings. 
Much of the house was Very dark. This just added to the cosy atmosphere, but was terrible for photography. Still, I can't help but try and share.








































































We were so impressed with our visit to this beautiful house. It really did look like it was ready to host Christmas in grand style. There was a huge amount of effort put into the decorations. Including themed rooms, lots of fresh flowers and even the toilets were decorated :0)
The "below stairs" rooms are always so interesting and  the "Twelve Days of Christmas" trail, aimed at the younger visitor, was a delight. Did you see the 9 ladies dancing?

There was even a local primary school singing in the entrance hall. That's a sound to make me dewy eyed.
It wasn't a visit to lean much about the history of the place, though I am aware it does have a very interesting story. This visit was simply about feeling festive and waving at Father Christmas. We loved it.

The National trust has properties all around the country that are decorated for Christmas, and often, as this one was. there is no extra charge. We are members, so felt very lucky to get in for free.
Jacquie x

This post is part of the link up hosted by Julie HERE

8 comments:

  1. Wow, it all looks stunning. As you say, they've put in so much effort. I really like that bedroom, and also that you could make your own Christmas card while you're there. Sounds like a brilliant place to visit. Wishing you a good week Jacquie. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love places like this. We have a mansion in our town that gets all decked out for Christmas and we have a few free nights to visit it. My Shug and I try to go every year. We got married there and it is so romantic.
    I never knew about the National Trust until I was reading a book by Susan Branch....I think that's where I learned about it. Either way, I think it's a great idea. I wish we had one in the United States.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful place. We don't get to see places like that around here. The beauty of the Hall is a sight for my eyes. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Wish I lived closer certainly would have loved to have visited

    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing, I'm with Julie wish we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can tell by your photos how cosy it must have felt. We have been there a few times ( I recall sitting on that white bench in the garden with a grumpy toddler!) Hope you are keeping well. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful. The National Trust makes such a wonderful job of decorating these historic houses - it must take almost a year to plan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very envious- that looks SUCH a festive location to visit! I liked the 'tradition's trailing up the stairs!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.