Wednesday 28 December 2016

Christmas 2016


 























Hello Lovelies,
how was your Christmas? Ours was familiar in the routine and that suits us just fine. On Christmas eve I loved the moments before our family guests arrived for the traditional buffet supper. Though I will admit to not feeling particularly festive myself this year, it was a pleasant evening none the less.
On Christmas morning I saw a pair of sweet Blackbirds enjoying my bird bath. This really made me smile, especially as it was a gift for my birthday in June, and up until now I had never seen a bird go near it, not even for a drink.
A little later I went for a walk  with eldest and the sun shone occasionally through the scudding clouds. Back home my Christmas Tulips on the kitchen windowsill caught my eye.
We all enjoyed lunch at my sister and brother in laws. They managed a wonderful dinner for 17 people. I always think how lucky are we that they are willing to do this, and how lucky my boys are to have a big family Christmas'es, something I didn't have as a child.
After much eating and present exchanging a few of us got some fresh air. Just a little stroll around the village where there were some great, original and even amusing window displays in the independent shops. Precious, happy family times.
Jacquie x

10 comments:

  1. Your photographs are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my bird bath is the best present I have ever had.The birds queue up to get in it!!!!Treasure these family Xmases because they grow up so quickly and then have their own families.We never get our son and our daughter together at Xmas now,too many of us BUT we are all meeting together tomorrow in a hotel near Ashbourne because it is our Golden Wedding tomorrow!!!Where have all those years gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely Christmas. Your conservatory looks so pretty and welcoming, and how brilliant to have birds using your bird bath. Hopefully they will make it a regular thing. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your day sounds just lovely! The birdbath photos are wonderful and I'm so glad you got to see birds in it finally.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures! I always enjoyed Christmas with my big family... didn't happen this year but it was lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday full of family, fun and some walks outside in the bargain. We had a good one.. not a lot of people as two of our 3 kinds have moved far away, but the ones we have here made it wonderful for us. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Oh my...that last sign it is reality at my house! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have had a good time, too, Jacquie, and are grateful for family and friends and gatherings. The four older grand girls are whizzing around in the house on new roller skates, and I just saw two of my adult children putting together a new puzzle. I so appreciate the sign you saw :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little wooden nativity!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.